Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone virus

How can I tell if my iphone xr has a virus. Every time I visit a website Sometimes there is a virus pop up saying “there is 5 dangerous viruses infecting your device if you don’t click your device might malfunction” so tell me how to spot a virus

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 1:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 1:07 PM

That’s an advertisement, and not a virus scan, websites cannot scan iPhones or any other clients, and the advertiser lied.

Your iPhone is fine, no virus, no hackers, and this and some other websites are serving sketchy ads.

Some of the many scams around: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2022 1:07 PM in response to USP457

That’s an advertisement, and not a virus scan, websites cannot scan iPhones or any other clients, and the advertiser lied.

Your iPhone is fine, no virus, no hackers, and this and some other websites are serving sketchy ads.

Some of the many scams around: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Jun 22, 2022 1:09 PM in response to USP457

These are scams- do not take notice! All you have to do is close the page- you can even clear the cache if you want to feel extra safe. Your device is just fine- no website you visit will hurt it (as long as you don't download anything).

These websites are trying to trick you into downloading software and giving them permissions to access your device, which really could be a problem if you do so. Don't call their number, don't download their software- just go back. Everything is fine!

See here - Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

iPhone virus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.