Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPads

Question 1: I bought an iPad seven months ago and I don’t think I got cellular data when I bought the iPad. I’m wanting to use cellular data now. Is there a way to get cellular data on my iPad without buying a new one?

Question 2: if I cannot get cellular data on my iPad, How much money would I get in on trade in value, and how much money would it be to trade it out for an iPad with cellular data?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 1:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 2:38 PM

Do you have a WiFi+Cellular model of iPad, or a WiFi Only model. If your iPad does not have a SIM slot, then you have a WiFi Only model of iPad - and therefore lacks any built-in Cellular capabilities.

It is not possible to change or modify the internal hardware components of an iPad. 

Whilst a WiFi Only iPad cannot be transformed into a WiFi+Cellular model, you can use the hotspot feature of a mobile phone - or a Cellular Broadband Router (often known as a MiFi Router) - to access Cellular networks.

How to set up a Personal Hotspot on your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support

As for potential trade-in values, you can check the estimated value here:

Apple Trade In - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2022 2:38 PM in response to Cohelia0216

Do you have a WiFi+Cellular model of iPad, or a WiFi Only model. If your iPad does not have a SIM slot, then you have a WiFi Only model of iPad - and therefore lacks any built-in Cellular capabilities.

It is not possible to change or modify the internal hardware components of an iPad. 

Whilst a WiFi Only iPad cannot be transformed into a WiFi+Cellular model, you can use the hotspot feature of a mobile phone - or a Cellular Broadband Router (often known as a MiFi Router) - to access Cellular networks.

How to set up a Personal Hotspot on your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support

As for potential trade-in values, you can check the estimated value here:

Apple Trade In - Apple

iPads

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.