Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air 3rd Gen Hardware Keyboard Not Switching Language

Hello, I have the device mentioned in the title with an apple hardware keyboard. I frequently need to switch between English and Russian languages, and this has always worked well using the globe key in the bottom left. This still works, in that when I hit the globe key it switches to the desired language on screen, but text input does not switch to the desired language. The actual intrinsic keyboard in the iPad switches as desired, just not the hardware keyboard.

I have tried:

• Disconnecting and connecting the keyboard
  • Typing text in the desired language with the onscreen keyboard to try to get the hardware keyboard to get into the right language
  • Ensuring the device is up to date with software update

iPad Air 3, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 2:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 6:50 PM

Try using Control Space instead of the Globe key.

Check your settings for settings > general > keyboard > hardware keyboard. You should have two languages, English and Russian. Tap over at the right edge for each and make sure you have the right specific layout checked (not Automatic).

2 replies

iPad Air 3rd Gen Hardware Keyboard Not Switching Language

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.