Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail shuts down unexpectedly

I recently completed a update and now my mail shuts down unexpectedly/almost immediately.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 4:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2022 2:12 AM

MCCEW wrote:

I recently completed a update and now my mail shuts down unexpectedly/almost immediately.

Q - " I recently completed a update"

A - There have not been any updates for El Capitan in years.

A - So what update was performed ?

A - Or was this an upGrade as in installing a newer version that this computer qualifies to run.

A - If an upGrade to what newer version

Mail Quit unexpectedly - With Mail closed, Hold the SHIFT key and click the Mail icon to launch Mail in a Safe Mode.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2022 2:12 AM in response to MCCEW

MCCEW wrote:

Q - " I recently completed a update"

A - There have not been any updates for El Capitan in years.

A - So what update was performed ?

A - Or was this an upGrade as in installing a newer version that this computer qualifies to run.

A - If an upGrade to what newer version

Mail Quit unexpectedly - With Mail closed, Hold the SHIFT key and click the Mail icon to launch Mail in a Safe Mode.

Mail shuts down unexpectedly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.