Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disappearing APP logos from Home Screens

On my iPhone XS iOS 15.5 my WALLET app logo no longer displays on my home screen and I have to access the app using the SEARCH feature The same condition for the SETTINGs app and CALENDAR app.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 6:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 6:04 PM

Tech guy here! You may have a setting enabled called "Offload Unused Apps" enabled. This allows the iPhone to save storage/run faster by not having apps running in the background. Of course, let's check to see if it's enabled

1. From the Home screen, launch the Settings app.
  2. Select iTunes & App Store.
  3. Scroll down to and select Offload Unused Apps. If the switch indicator is green, it means it’s ON, toggle the switch to turn it OFF.
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2022 6:04 PM in response to stevenfrombillerica

Tech guy here! You may have a setting enabled called "Offload Unused Apps" enabled. This allows the iPhone to save storage/run faster by not having apps running in the background. Of course, let's check to see if it's enabled

1. From the Home screen, launch the Settings app.
  2. Select iTunes & App Store.
  3. Scroll down to and select Offload Unused Apps. If the switch indicator is green, it means it’s ON, toggle the switch to turn it OFF.

Jun 22, 2022 6:46 PM in response to stevenfrombillerica

stevenfrombillerica Said:

"Disappearing APP logos from Home Screens: On my iPhone XS iOS 15.5 my WALLET app logo no longer displays on my home screen and I have to access the app using the SEARCH feature The same condition for the SETTINGs app and CALENDAR app. Is this happening to anyone else?"

-------

No. I am not having this issue.

Reset the Home Screen Layout:

If widgets are not working as they should or have gone missing somehow, then you need to reset the Home Screen Layout...

Go Here: Move and Organize Apps on iPhone - Apple Support

You'd have to add back all the widgets that you can recall being back on there. So, write down what is currently on the Home Screen.

Scroll to: Reset the Home Screen and Apps to their Original Layout

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Reset
  4. Tap: Reset Home Screen Layout
  5. Then... Add the apps back

Jun 22, 2022 6:35 PM in response to NachiThePanda

I completed your suggesting of turning off OFFLOAD.... The restarted in iPhone.

The App logo for Apple apps SETTING, APPS, CALENDAR and SETTING are still not displaying on my HOME SCREEN.

When I go to the APP LIBRARY some icons appear in Utilities grouping ... But not on my home screens

Going the APP STORE they appear with an OPEN option but download option..

Disappearing APP logos from Home Screens

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.