Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Erase device

I need to erase my iPhone 8 but screen is damaged and I cannot access it to erase

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 5:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 5:50 PM

Hello! Here's 3 methods to erase your iPhone

Method 1: Icloud

1. Visit icloud.com and sign into your account.
  2. Select “Find iPhone“.
  3. Select the “All Devices” option at the top of the screen, then select your device.
  4. Choose the “Erase iPhone” option.

Method 2:

1. Connect your iPhone or iPad to any computer that has iTunes installed.
  2. Press and hold the “Home” and “Sleep/Wake” buttons simultaneously for about 30 seconds
  3. Open iTunes and it should provide a message that your device is connected in Recovery Mode. Select the “Restore” option.

PS: Sorry to hear your screen is damaged. If the screen is cracked and the cracks look like spider webs, you will need to replace the glass and LCD. I would either have it serviced by apple themselves or by an apple certified tech.

iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support

PPS: I would recommend an Otter Box Phone case as they are very hard to break. I have the defender Pro Series, but the defender works just as good (You might want a screen protector too, they are amazing)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2022 5:50 PM in response to ebba160

Hello! Here's 3 methods to erase your iPhone

Method 1: Icloud

1. Visit icloud.com and sign into your account.
  2. Select “Find iPhone“.
  3. Select the “All Devices” option at the top of the screen, then select your device.
  4. Choose the “Erase iPhone” option.

Method 2:

1. Connect your iPhone or iPad to any computer that has iTunes installed.
  2. Press and hold the “Home” and “Sleep/Wake” buttons simultaneously for about 30 seconds
  3. Open iTunes and it should provide a message that your device is connected in Recovery Mode. Select the “Restore” option.

PS: Sorry to hear your screen is damaged. If the screen is cracked and the cracks look like spider webs, you will need to replace the glass and LCD. I would either have it serviced by apple themselves or by an apple certified tech.

iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support

PPS: I would recommend an Otter Box Phone case as they are very hard to break. I have the defender Pro Series, but the defender works just as good (You might want a screen protector too, they are amazing)

Erase device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.