Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Someone tried to sign in my account an locked my phone now it's asking for a Apple ID which is not mine I keep trying to sign in mine but it's not letting me

How can I sign into my account when my phone is asking for someone else's account I keep trying but it's not letting me

iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 9:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2022 12:31 PM

You need the Apple ID and password that was used when the device was first set up. If you don’t know that, you can’t remove the Activation Lock.

If this is a used device, the previous owner needs to go to https://www.icloud.com/find/ and erase the device, then remove it from their account. If they won't do that, the device is useless. Apple won't unlock it.

Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support.   *

If you are the original owner, contact Apple. Apple can remove the ID  if provided the required paperwork to include the original purchase receipt with the serial number on it. 

Request additional support for unlocking your device.    -

You used to be able to take the device, the original purchase receipt with the serial number, and a photo ID to the nearest Apple Store (if it has reopened) and have them remove the ID. This may have changed, so call the store before going to make sure they can help.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple.   -

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2022 12:31 PM in response to keezy289

You need the Apple ID and password that was used when the device was first set up. If you don’t know that, you can’t remove the Activation Lock.

If this is a used device, the previous owner needs to go to https://www.icloud.com/find/ and erase the device, then remove it from their account. If they won't do that, the device is useless. Apple won't unlock it.

Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support.   *

If you are the original owner, contact Apple. Apple can remove the ID  if provided the required paperwork to include the original purchase receipt with the serial number on it. 

Request additional support for unlocking your device.    -

You used to be able to take the device, the original purchase receipt with the serial number, and a photo ID to the nearest Apple Store (if it has reopened) and have them remove the ID. This may have changed, so call the store before going to make sure they can help.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple.   -

Someone tried to sign in my account an locked my phone now it's asking for a Apple ID which is not mine I keep trying to sign in mine but it's not letting me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.