Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mysterious Orange Dot

There like an orange dot on my iPad 9, it’s to the right of the close button and below the volume buttons. I can see it faintly but I can see it clearly in the sun. What is this dot? It’s not on my screen, it’s on the black part or whatever.

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 7:10 PM

5 replies

Jun 22, 2022 7:21 PM in response to Mentra

Mentra Said:

"Mysterious Orange Dot : There like an orange dot on my iPad 9, it’s to the right of the close button and below the volume buttons. I can see it faintly but I can see it clearly in the sun. What is this dot? It’s not on my screen, it’s on the black part or whatever."

-------

Your Screen is Failing:

From what you have reported, your screen is apparently failing. So, It is time for a new screen. If you have not had this replaced by a third-party, then it might be replaceable by Apple, free-of-charge --but that it Apple's call.

erhaps this is a Faulty Device?:

How old is this iPad? Note that you have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-warranty with this. So, if it is covered under warranty, then see if you can get the screen replaced free-of-charge. Being faulty, it likely would be nothing on you. Ask Apple Support for a new screen.

Apple Contact Us Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there as Necessary
  • Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, calls are taking a bit linger to get through. And, that makes sense, because many are at home working out-of-the-house or are taking classes over-the-web, this they have more time on their hands to contact Apple Support. So, it might take a bit to get through to Apple Support. But, just stay on the line, and someone will be with you

Mysterious Orange Dot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.