Newsroom Update

watchOS 11 brings powerful health and fitness insights. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not enough storage space to update my Apple Watch.

I can’t update the watch. It says there’s not enough storage on watch. How do I get rid of stuff to do update?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 7:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2022 1:12 AM

Not enough storage space for update.

First, try to free up storage on your Apple Watch by removing any music or photos that you've synced to your watch and any apps that you don't needThen try to install the watchOS update.If that didn't work then;

Unpair your Apple Watch via the Watch app on your iPhone

Then Re-pair your Apple Watch again and setup as new,this usually frees up

enough storage space to update your watch.And without any loss of data.

If the watch updates ok then you can unpair and re-pair it again only this time you can restore from your last backup instead of setting up as new,this restores your watch to how it was but now it's updated as well.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2022 1:12 AM in response to ginae7800

Not enough storage space for update.

First, try to free up storage on your Apple Watch by removing any music or photos that you've synced to your watch and any apps that you don't needThen try to install the watchOS update.If that didn't work then;

Unpair your Apple Watch via the Watch app on your iPhone

Then Re-pair your Apple Watch again and setup as new,this usually frees up

enough storage space to update your watch.And without any loss of data.

If the watch updates ok then you can unpair and re-pair it again only this time you can restore from your last backup instead of setting up as new,this restores your watch to how it was but now it's updated as well.

Not enough storage space to update my Apple Watch.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.