Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Available browsers for ios 12.5.5

Disclaimer, I'm a PC guy, not an Apple or phone guy, so that is my frame of reference. This does of course relate to my iphone 6.

I got looking recently and saw that Firefox was available for iphones. So I tried to download it but it choked saying it needs a minimum of ios 13. But it appears it was available for at least 12.0 and I think lower, but now it just points me at the latest version, which my phone doesn't support. Looking at other browsers I see the same thing, except I think it's Chrome which is only available for 15. But it sure looks like they used to be available, how do I find and download an older version?

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 11:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 11:56 PM

Hi, so your iPhone should already have a built-in browser called Safari. This works with every version of iOS. Heck, I can even use it on my iPod touch (2nd Generation) from 2008!

As for third-party browsers, Opera seems to work on iPhones running iOS 12!

In order to download an older version of a browser, tap ‘install’ on an app and if there’s an older version available, it will give you the option to download that version.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2022 11:56 PM in response to Just-make-it-work

Hi, so your iPhone should already have a built-in browser called Safari. This works with every version of iOS. Heck, I can even use it on my iPod touch (2nd Generation) from 2008!

As for third-party browsers, Opera seems to work on iPhones running iOS 12!

In order to download an older version of a browser, tap ‘install’ on an app and if there’s an older version available, it will give you the option to download that version.

Available browsers for ios 12.5.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.