Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mail password

Mail keeps asking me to input my password for certain mail accounts all of a sudden. It also keeps rejecting the passwords I input. How do I reset the password in these mail accounts?

Thanks for your help

LKt

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 10:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 10:12 PM

unckt Said:

"mail password: Mail keeps asking me to input my password for certain mail accounts all of a sudden. It also keeps rejecting the passwords I input. How do I reset the password in these mail accounts? Thanks for your help: LKt"

-------

Use a New App Password:

Do you use an App Password? If so, try a new App Password. Sometimes, changes (i.e. updates) are made to the device, and then mail server syncing becomes an issue (which is what a new App Password it intended to fix). Go here for gmail: Sign in with App Passwords - Google Account Help - Google

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2022 10:12 PM in response to unckt

unckt Said:

"mail password: Mail keeps asking me to input my password for certain mail accounts all of a sudden. It also keeps rejecting the passwords I input. How do I reset the password in these mail accounts? Thanks for your help: LKt"

-------

Use a New App Password:

Do you use an App Password? If so, try a new App Password. Sometimes, changes (i.e. updates) are made to the device, and then mail server syncing becomes an issue (which is what a new App Password it intended to fix). Go here for gmail: Sign in with App Passwords - Google Account Help - Google

mail password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.