Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After iPhone 8 update it asks to activate Apple ID

I bought an iPhone 8 by hand, after the update it asks to activate the ID, and the person who sold the phone to me left for another country, I can’t find it, what should I do? please, help

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 10:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 10:16 PM

khurshed80 Said:

"iOS 15.5: I bought an iPhone 8 by hand, after the update it asks to activate the ID, and the person who sold the phone to me left for another country, I can’t find it, what should I do? please, help"

-------

Getting Into a Sold, Locked iPhone:

You've been scammed. There is nothing you can do. So, take this as a learning experience, knowing to always ask the seller to let you log into it, prior to handing them the money. This is the site they should have used, prior to selling it to you: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. As for it being locked, it is a theft deterrent. So, you'll never be able to get back in it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2022 10:16 PM in response to khurshed80

khurshed80 Said:

"iOS 15.5: I bought an iPhone 8 by hand, after the update it asks to activate the ID, and the person who sold the phone to me left for another country, I can’t find it, what should I do? please, help"

-------

Getting Into a Sold, Locked iPhone:

You've been scammed. There is nothing you can do. So, take this as a learning experience, knowing to always ask the seller to let you log into it, prior to handing them the money. This is the site they should have used, prior to selling it to you: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. As for it being locked, it is a theft deterrent. So, you'll never be able to get back in it.

After iPhone 8 update it asks to activate Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.