Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microsoft Project software on MacBook

I'm trying to install Microsoft Project software on Mac. I observed the way online but it isn't work.

I'm really thankful, if you help to solve it.

Thanks.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 23, 2022 1:27 AM

3 replies

Jun 23, 2022 1:42 AM in response to zinmaungtun

MS Project is not compatible with Mac, as per Microsoft's website.

"Since MS Project was designed and optimized specifically for the Windows operating system, MS Project does not work on Mac. The reason being is that MS Project and Mac cannot talk to each other and it wasn't designed for those computers".

The only way around it would be to use a virtual machine that runs Windows on Mac, or Boot Camp your Mac to run Windows. Boot Camp is not recommended for just one app, but if you really need to, a virtual machine is your best bet.

Jun 23, 2022 3:51 AM in response to zinmaungtun

Hi, unfortunately, Microsoft Project software can't be used on Mac systems. However, there are apps in the App Store such as Project Plan 365, Project Office: Gantt chart, Omni Plan 4, Merlin Project: Gantt & Kanban...etc. Some of the applications require a subscription.

However, if you must use MS Project: You can download a parallel desktop for Mac(which needs a subscription). It is software that downloads the windows system on your mac and runs it parallel to your macOS. And then you can run Microsoft Project on the virtual machine. For more info see https://www.parallels.com.

Jun 23, 2022 8:22 AM in response to zinmaungtun

If you are using an M1 MacBook Air, then there is no means to run MS Project on it as it would require Windows 10 and no virtual machine available for Mac can run Intel built applications (Windows or MS Project) as a virtual machine guest.

Some of the mentioned Project Management apps in the Mac App Store do run on macOS, so that may be your alterative which can export project files compatible with MS Project.

Microsoft Project software on MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.