Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple AirTag - Stalking the Family Dog + Family Sharting

Hello,

Our dog can be a bit sneaky, and with kids we decided it would be good to put an AirTag on her collar.

That AirTag is tied to my phone; when my wife walks the pup without me -- she's constantly annoyed by alerts. Is there anyway to enable a 'family share option' for tags that may be 'owned' and shared within a family?

Thanks.

Posted on Jun 23, 2022 5:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2022 8:04 AM

The relevant section of Apple documentation is:

How to reset your AirTag - Apple Support

"An AirTag can be associated with one Apple ID. If you want to use an AirTag that someone else has used, they need to remove the AirTag from their Apple ID first. If the previous user removed the AirTag from their Apple ID but they were out of Bluetooth range of the AirTag, then you need to reset it before you can use it with your devices."

Also pertinent: What to do if you get an alert that an AirTag, Find My network accessory, or set of AirPods is with you - Apple Support

You can make suggestions to Apple at Product Feedback - Apple However, you are definitely not the first to want multi user capability with Airtags.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2022 8:04 AM in response to Discordium

The relevant section of Apple documentation is:

How to reset your AirTag - Apple Support

"An AirTag can be associated with one Apple ID. If you want to use an AirTag that someone else has used, they need to remove the AirTag from their Apple ID first. If the previous user removed the AirTag from their Apple ID but they were out of Bluetooth range of the AirTag, then you need to reset it before you can use it with your devices."

Also pertinent: What to do if you get an alert that an AirTag, Find My network accessory, or set of AirPods is with you - Apple Support

You can make suggestions to Apple at Product Feedback - Apple However, you are definitely not the first to want multi user capability with Airtags.

Apple AirTag - Stalking the Family Dog + Family Sharting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.