Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch battery drains fast

My battery is draining so much faster all of a sudden. I’ve had about a year. What should I do?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch

Posted on Jun 23, 2022 7:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2022 7:43 AM

I would check to see what apps are running in the background app refresh in the ⌚️ App but also the always-on feature(if you have it) will be consistent drainer; so if you really want to ease up on the battery- that’s the first thing I’d turn off. But after a year idk it could be several reasons why.

Make sure you’re using Apple Certified to charge & please don’t leave any battery device plugged in once 100% has shown- yes they monitor & can stop the charging but I don’t believe it works exactly [AC charging will still have some voltage processing.]

Any battery would then begin to discharge & since connected- it’ll discharge & recharge to 100 again-

And a tip; restarting & a shutdown every so often helps with any device- Apple or non.

Hope this helps you :)

-Topher Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2022 7:43 AM in response to 9430Ridge

I would check to see what apps are running in the background app refresh in the ⌚️ App but also the always-on feature(if you have it) will be consistent drainer; so if you really want to ease up on the battery- that’s the first thing I’d turn off. But after a year idk it could be several reasons why.

Make sure you’re using Apple Certified to charge & please don’t leave any battery device plugged in once 100% has shown- yes they monitor & can stop the charging but I don’t believe it works exactly [AC charging will still have some voltage processing.]

Any battery would then begin to discharge & since connected- it’ll discharge & recharge to 100 again-

And a tip; restarting & a shutdown every so often helps with any device- Apple or non.

Hope this helps you :)

-Topher Support

Apple Watch battery drains fast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.