Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Huge flaw in "Ask to Buy" regarding re-downloads

Why don't Family Organizers get a new "Ask to Buy" request when their child attempts to re-download an app? We aren't allowed to change our mind regarding apps our child has downloaded previously?

For example, I have allowed my son temporary usage of certain apps. Then I've asked him to delete those apps. I don't want him to have it again. But now, he can freely download the app without my approval or knowledge. What's the point of "Ask to Buy" requests if you only have 1 shot at it per app? Makes ZERO sense. Is there any way to see if he is re-downloading certain apps I don't want him to have? Please Apple - can you make the Family Organizer aware and approve of app downloads more than just the initial download?

Posted on Jun 23, 2022 7:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2022 8:38 AM

This is primarily a user-to-user support forum; other Apple users like you.

This isn't exactly what you are asking for but may help. See the information in Hide purchases from the App Store - Apple Support including the following:

When you hide an app in your purchase list, it no longer appears in the list of your purchases that's in the App Store. The app will still appear in your complete purchase history in Settings. And if you use Family Sharing, family members can't redownload the app from your list of shared purchases.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2022 8:38 AM in response to Soteris

This is primarily a user-to-user support forum; other Apple users like you.

This isn't exactly what you are asking for but may help. See the information in Hide purchases from the App Store - Apple Support including the following:

When you hide an app in your purchase list, it no longer appears in the list of your purchases that's in the App Store. The app will still appear in your complete purchase history in Settings. And if you use Family Sharing, family members can't redownload the app from your list of shared purchases.

Huge flaw in "Ask to Buy" regarding re-downloads

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.