Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

UNLOCKING IPHONE 8

MY IPHONE SCREEN IS ZOOMED OUT SO FAR I CANNOT ACCESS ALL THE NUMBERS IN ORDER TO UNLOCK MY PHONE. (REASON: PUT PHONE IN POCKET WITHOUT LOCKING SCREEN.)

WOULD BE GRATEFUL FOR SOME GUIDANCE. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP WITH THIS!

WILLIAM

iPhone 8, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 23, 2022 10:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2022 10:25 AM

Press and hold the touch button and the power button at the same time till you get a power off switch or it resets and powers off on it own. Then when you power back on it will be corrected. I have seen this on iPhone8 before. It seems to happen more than it should. Let me know if you have further questions or need more help.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2022 10:25 AM in response to ametorphotog

Press and hold the touch button and the power button at the same time till you get a power off switch or it resets and powers off on it own. Then when you power back on it will be corrected. I have seen this on iPhone8 before. It seems to happen more than it should. Let me know if you have further questions or need more help.

Jun 26, 2022 4:51 AM in response to Kirk1147

Kirk , Thank you much !! Pressing those buttons simultaneously for a 5 count did come up with two swipe bars. The bottom I could discern was an emergency call , and the top was just a portion of swipe bar. (Again because it was so zoomed out)

My phone did indeed power all the way down. I let it be about 10 min then pressed & held those buttons again….and there was my normal size sign in screen!!!

Thank you again for sharing the knowledge!!!

UNLOCKING IPHONE 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.