Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail slow to launch

macOS version 12.4 Mail is very slow to launch, spinning wheel. I have many mailboxes and messages.

Tried rebuilding but that makes no difference. Once launched everything runs fine. I use SpamSieve with Mail. This has been happening since Big Sur.

The ~/Library/Mail has these folders, files:

Bundles

PersisgtenceInfo.plist -- file

SpamSieve

V2

V6

V9

Posted on Jun 23, 2022 12:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2022 9:10 AM

ozarkcanoer wrote:

macOS version 12.4 Mail is very slow to launch, spinning wheel. I have many mailboxes and messages.

Tried rebuilding but that makes no difference. Once launched everything runs fine. I use SpamSieve with Mail. This has been happening since Big Sur.

Quite Mail.app —relaunch it holding the Shift Key and compare your results.

Mail User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2022 9:10 AM in response to ozarkcanoer

ozarkcanoer wrote:

Quite Mail.app —relaunch it holding the Shift Key and compare your results.

Mail User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Jun 24, 2022 9:41 AM in response to ozarkcanoer

ozarkcanoer wrote:

It started like a rocket! Why did that make such a difference? I then quit Mail again and launched without hold the Shift key and it still launched like a rocket!

I must know why!

It acts as soft/ or safe launch of the application clearing any cache,

much like a trouble shooting Safe Boot if the macOS has an issue.

Mail slow to launch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.