Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Desktop Widgets - make permanent

As far as I can tell or research there is no way to keep the desktop widgets actually on the desktop permanently, which pretty much makes them useless. If I have to move a mouse and click a bunch of stuff, well they're just not really widgets.

Would really like to see this added. Cheers.

Posted on Jun 23, 2022 6:05 PM

6 replies

Jun 24, 2022 9:34 AM in response to KJ7Radio

I am using a U.S. Keyboard on a 16-in M1 MBP Pro, so F6 works just fine for me, as it does on macOS 11.6.7 on my M1 mini with its Apple Extended Magic Keyboard running macOS 11.6.7.

In System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Mission Control, F6 is configured by default to Show Notification Center (e.g. Extensions) provided it is selected there, and not remapped to do some other keyboard shortcut.

The British Keyboard has the same function key symbol. This F6 toggle works whether I have the System Preferences > Keyboard > ☐ Use F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys selected, or not.

This is how extensions work in macOS. They are not intended to be Desktop, or directly accessible applications. You have the feedback link, but I doubt it will do any good as this is an Apple design decision.

Desktop Widgets - make permanent

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.