Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to resett ipad with a restriction pass code.

I brought two iPad for my granddaughters for Christmas, but their fathers girlfriend has put a pass code on both ipads now we can not update them , yes we have asked many times for the codes or password n they won't tell us...

Please can any one help with this so that I can resett it back to factory n redo as new..

Look forward to any help.

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jun 24, 2022 6:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2022 7:08 PM

Are you talking about a Screen Time (restrictions) passcode?

2 replies

Jun 25, 2022 1:06 AM in response to Satan67

If you have a forgotten or unknown ScreenTime (a.k.a., Restrictions) passcode, one of the two procedures outlined within this link should resolve the problem:

If you forgot your Screen Time passcode - Apple Support

If your iPad is capable of supporting iPadOS 13.x or later, you should update to the most current version before attempting to resolve a forgotten ScreenTime/Restrictions passcode. The most recent iPadOS updates have introduced a mechanism whereby a forgotten ScreenTime passcode can be reset without wiping the iPad.

To reset a forgotten ScreenTime/Restrictions passcode on older versions of iOS/iPadOS, the iPad must be reset “as new”, losing all locally stored data. In this situation, you’ll not be able to restore your data from an iCloud or iTunes backup - as the forgotten passcode is integral to the backup.

I hope this information is helpful to you in successfully resetting your forgotten passcode.

How to resett ipad with a restriction pass code.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.