Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue syncing apple music playlist folders between the app on my mac and the app on my phone

Whenever I create or rearrange the folders in my Music app on my mac, the changes seem to only partly refresh on my phone. I've tried reauthorizing, and logging out and back in on both devices, as well as repeatedly refreshing the app. How can I get these to sync again?

Posted on Jun 24, 2022 10:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2022 6:39 AM

Hi freidrice1,

Thanks for sharing the step you have tried so far. Let's see if we can get all your music to sync to your iPhone. You mentioned you signed out and back in, was that with your Apple ID? Do you subscribe to Apple Music? If you haven't already, try turning off Sync Library, restart your iPhone and Mac, then turn Sync Library back on.

From If songs are missing from your music library after you turn on Sync Library - Apple Support:

Turn Sync Library off, then turn it back on
You might be able to fix your issue by turning Sync Library off for all of your devices, then turning it back on again. Learn how.

A lot of Music library issues are resolved by following the steps above.

Have a great day!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2022 6:39 AM in response to friedrice1

Hi freidrice1,

Thanks for sharing the step you have tried so far. Let's see if we can get all your music to sync to your iPhone. You mentioned you signed out and back in, was that with your Apple ID? Do you subscribe to Apple Music? If you haven't already, try turning off Sync Library, restart your iPhone and Mac, then turn Sync Library back on.

From If songs are missing from your music library after you turn on Sync Library - Apple Support:

Turn Sync Library off, then turn it back on
You might be able to fix your issue by turning Sync Library off for all of your devices, then turning it back on again. Learn how.

A lot of Music library issues are resolved by following the steps above.

Have a great day!

Issue syncing apple music playlist folders between the app on my mac and the app on my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.