Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 pro camera app suddenly not working properly

Hi all, I have iPhone 12 Pro and iOS 15.5 installed.

Everything worked fine until two days ago when I have lost ability to take pictures with camera app (back camera). I can still take a selfie and take a photo in portrait mode (from time to time, because most of the time my screen gets black).

When I try to make a photo with back camera - I click on a button, screen flashes as usual, there is also this small vibration, BUT nothing gets saved to the camera roll and then the app seems to crash and gets unresponsive and the screen freezes. I can close it without any problems though.

The funny thing is I can still take a photo with my back camera on a FB Messenger and send it to someone (and save it to the camera roll). Adobe Lightroom also works without any problem - I can take a picture with both cameras NORMALLY. It seems that only native camera app has this problem.

What have I done so far:

• restarted my phone several times
  • erased all settings
  • made a factory reset
  • restored iOS 15.5 via MacBook

nothing worked so far. Even after I have erased all data and restored it to brand new phone - it still works this way.

Please help ;e;

edit: I can still make video without any trouble! with both cameras.

Posted on Jun 25, 2022 6:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2022 8:16 AM

Hello thekatecake,

Since the issue with your camera has persisted after restoring your device via an external method, in this case your Mac, it is likely you'll need to seek additional assistance and support. There may be a hardware issue with your device at this point. You can review options using the resources below:

Apple Support

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

Regards.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2022 8:16 AM in response to thekatecake

Hello thekatecake,

Since the issue with your camera has persisted after restoring your device via an external method, in this case your Mac, it is likely you'll need to seek additional assistance and support. There may be a hardware issue with your device at this point. You can review options using the resources below:

Apple Support

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

Regards.

iPhone 12 pro camera app suddenly not working properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.