Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought a Apple Watch from someone on offer up but the Apple Watch needs a activation code an the guy won’t text me his email and password so I can unlock it

Posted on Jun 25, 2022 8:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2022 8:48 AM

I can well imagine who would not give someone their Apple ID and password. I wouldn't do that either ;-)

You can ask those from whom you bought the Watch to perform these steps so that the Watch is released:

If you already gave away your Apple Watch, you can erase and turn off Activation Lock from iCloud.com. Here's how:

1. On a computer, go to Find My iPhone on iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID. 
  2. Select All Devices, then click your Apple Watch.
  3. Click Erase Apple Watch. Select Next until the device is erased.
  4. Click the X button  next to your Apple Watch. 

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

Another way to remove the activation lock is through this Apple support site. There are conditions attached to this which are described. https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2022 8:48 AM in response to keandre98

I can well imagine who would not give someone their Apple ID and password. I wouldn't do that either ;-)

You can ask those from whom you bought the Watch to perform these steps so that the Watch is released:

If you already gave away your Apple Watch, you can erase and turn off Activation Lock from iCloud.com. Here's how:

1. On a computer, go to Find My iPhone on iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID. 
  2. Select All Devices, then click your Apple Watch.
  3. Click Erase Apple Watch. Select Next until the device is erased.
  4. Click the X button  next to your Apple Watch. 

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

Another way to remove the activation lock is through this Apple support site. There are conditions attached to this which are described. https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support

I bought a Apple Watch from someone on offer up but the Apple Watch needs a activation code an the guy won’t text me his email and password so I can unlock it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.