Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flag emoji request

Hello! I have been a regular user of Apple products for a long time from watches, headphones, phones to computers and more. I have always wanted and wondered as to why Uyghurs have been overlooked and have not had our flag present in your emojis. Uyghurs are one of the oldest Turkic people that live in various continents like Central Asia, America and Europe. The number of Uyghur people reaches to nearly 15 million. Uyghurs have a very rich and ancient history, with their own language, flag, and statehood known as "East Turkestan". In todays society, Uyghur people are starting to gain a lot of popularity as genocide in China towards the Uyghur people has risen with its repression and racism towards our people. In todays world there is so much hate and repression and I feel like its important to show support towards one another and it is no secret that Uyghur people are being hunted and attacked in China. We have relatives there whom we have lost contact with because of these hate crimes. We feel like it is important to show some type of representation and support for the Uyghur community. I really look forward to your response, and I sincerely would like to see the flag of my people your emojis. Thank you so much!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 25, 2022 8:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2022 8:35 AM

They don't have an ISO-3166 code, so no emoji for them can be created; neither the Unicode Consortium nor the general public has a say in the process of getting them one.

The Unicode Consortium is no longer accepting requests for other types of flag emojis.

(220435)

Similar questions

2 replies

Flag emoji request

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.