Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to locate stolen iPhone

My iPhone 11 64GB was recently stolen when I was at the mall. We watched a footage of the person that stole it. And reported it to our local authorities, We logged into find my iPhone and turned on the notification once device was located. A few moments later we started receiving notification of the phone being turned on, however to my surprise the notification was now saying it was an iPhone 12 Pro Max 128GB and a diferent name was on the notification and not my own. When we went to go view its location. It showed where the iPhone was. Shortly afterwards my iphone disappeared from find My iPhone. This happened within 3 hours of the phone being stolen. Unfortunately I was Unable to find my iphone neither was it showing on Find My iPhone. 😔 please advise what could have happened and how is it possible that my information was wiped and devise removed from Find My iPhone. Please note that my data was on and Find My iPhone was turned on too

iPhone 11, 15

Posted on Jun 25, 2022 10:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2022 10:58 AM

Re: “… please advise what could have happened and how is it possible that my information was wiped …”

It’s quite basic: thieves will take active measures to avoid being tracked.

Sorry for your loss.

IMPORTANT:

Apple wil NOT contact you.

Any message claiming to have found your phone but needing your credentials to “verify” is a scam.

It’s from the thieves attempting to break-into your phone and/or AppleID.

Do NOT click on any links.

Do NOT provide any personal info, AppleID, passwords, or passcodes.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2022 10:58 AM in response to nandi117

Re: “… please advise what could have happened and how is it possible that my information was wiped …”

It’s quite basic: thieves will take active measures to avoid being tracked.

Sorry for your loss.

IMPORTANT:

Apple wil NOT contact you.

Any message claiming to have found your phone but needing your credentials to “verify” is a scam.

It’s from the thieves attempting to break-into your phone and/or AppleID.

Do NOT click on any links.

Do NOT provide any personal info, AppleID, passwords, or passcodes.

Jun 25, 2022 10:33 AM in response to nandi117

I’m very sorry to hear that happened to you. Do you know the serial number of your iPhone?

I would recommend getting in touch with Apple Support immediately Apple Support so there’s a chance they help you track down your stolen iPhone.

If your iPhone is protected with AppleCare+ with Theft & Loss, file a claim File an iPhone Theft and Loss Claim - Official Apple Support.

You should also immediately contact your wireless carrier.

🏳️‍🌈

Unable to locate stolen iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.