Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleID with additional email address different than one assigned with AppleId

If I use an additional email address under my existing AppleID will the Mail Icon on my new MacBook Pro still show emails from my existing email address as well as the additional new email address? My goal is to use the additional new email address but with the existing AppleID. I still have the need to access the old email account using my older MacBookPro. I also have an iPad and an iPhone11 Pro that I want to be able to just access email through the new email address as well.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 25, 2022 12:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2022 12:42 PM

You can add it to your Apple ID as a Reachable At address, but you don't have to do that to be able to receive emails to that account. Add it to the Mail app as an address separate from your Apple ID. Or you can add it to your Apple ID as a Reachable At email address and use it as a separate email address in the Mail app. Add the address on your computers and devices.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2022 12:42 PM in response to GetMeA2Q

You can add it to your Apple ID as a Reachable At address, but you don't have to do that to be able to receive emails to that account. Add it to the Mail app as an address separate from your Apple ID. Or you can add it to your Apple ID as a Reachable At email address and use it as a separate email address in the Mail app. Add the address on your computers and devices.

AppleID with additional email address different than one assigned with AppleId

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.