Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to search in Calendar app

I've just migrated onto a new MacBook Air.

Everything seemed pretty seamless until I tried to search Calendar events.

They're all there; they just aren't searchable. I've checked all the Preferences I can think of to check.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

All insights welcome.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 25, 2022 12:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2022 5:50 AM

I too have this problem and can not search within the Calendar app.

Apple Support informs me (September 11, 2022) there is NO fix - and that the internal engineer database (or whatever they have) states this is a problem that has not been resolved.

I'm told the only option is to accept this failure and to wait for an update that "might" fix this problem, but then again might not. On top of not knowing if the next update will address this issue, Apple support can give no indication of when the next update may be released.

For me this is a crippling issue because I frequently need to search my calendar. Using Spotlight searches is not a satisfactory solution or workaround.

APPLE - PLEASE FIX THIS!

Apple wants us to embrace their environment, but when something we become reliant upon no longer functions and Apple does not address the failure, it is extremely disappointing and we lose faith in Apple.

Details:

• 2018 Mac Mini (intel) running MacOS 12.5.1 Monterey, still under AppleCare+.
  • I "migrated" my data/apps to this from an Time Machine backup from my old iMac running MacOS 10.13.6.
  • Pretty much everything else seems fine (I hope).
9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2022 5:50 AM in response to sfrench

I too have this problem and can not search within the Calendar app.

Apple Support informs me (September 11, 2022) there is NO fix - and that the internal engineer database (or whatever they have) states this is a problem that has not been resolved.

I'm told the only option is to accept this failure and to wait for an update that "might" fix this problem, but then again might not. On top of not knowing if the next update will address this issue, Apple support can give no indication of when the next update may be released.

For me this is a crippling issue because I frequently need to search my calendar. Using Spotlight searches is not a satisfactory solution or workaround.

APPLE - PLEASE FIX THIS!

Apple wants us to embrace their environment, but when something we become reliant upon no longer functions and Apple does not address the failure, it is extremely disappointing and we lose faith in Apple.

Details:

• 2018 Mac Mini (intel) running MacOS 12.5.1 Monterey, still under AppleCare+.
  • I "migrated" my data/apps to this from an Time Machine backup from my old iMac running MacOS 10.13.6.
  • Pretty much everything else seems fine (I hope).

Jun 27, 2022 9:14 AM in response to sfrench

Still trying to get search to work in my Calendar app.

There was a comment responding to the "Calendar Search not Working on Mac, Fix" article I mentioned above in which the commenter said a workaround in another thread had worked for him. The solution, he said, was to reindex Spotlight.

Over the past couple of days, I have struggled to do this and have finally SUCCEEDED. 🎉

Here are the instructions I found that worked:

Spotlight Not Working on macOS Monterey? Reindex It to Fix

Unfortunately, reindexing Spotlight has not solved my problem; I still can't search in Calendar.

Any Calendar or Spotlight experts out there?

Jun 26, 2022 4:23 AM in response to sfrench

Well, I found this article, which seemed quite promising …

Calendar Search not Working on Mac, Fix

It didn't solve my Calendar problem, but maybe it'll solve someone else's.

FYI, Events & Reminders are showing up in my Spotlight searches but not in my Calendar searches.

Using the search term 'renew,' here's an example from Spotlight …

I just noticed that all three of these events appear to take place on July 17 (what year is unclear), but when I repeated the Spotlight search and clicked on the individual events, none of them was actually on July 17 and all were in different years.

Using the same search term in Calendar, here's what happens …

And the "fix" in Safe Mode (suggested in the article at the top) had no effect.

So, I kept looking and came across this in the iCloud User Guide:

Restore your calendars and events on iCloud.com

I restored my calendar to the last iteration before the migration.

That didn't solve my problem; search is still not working in Calendar.

I hope it didn't create any new problems. Keeping my fingers crossed! 🤞

As stated above, all insights are welcome.

Unable to search in Calendar app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.