Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

" Safari Web Content (cached) " is using way too much of ram just for single website.

I have been noticing that "Safari Web Content (Cached)" has been using a lot of memory even though I have only opened just one site (only one tab for it) , just one page on safari but it is using a lot of memory as you can see in the screenshot. I want to know is there something I am doing wrong ? or there is something wrong with the Safari.

There are about 5 "Safari Web Content (Cached)" running in the background just for one site and is taking way too much memory, this issue happens to every site I open. I always open just on site(at a time) to prevent over usage of ram.

Please help , it is using way too much of ram just for one single site.

Posted on Jun 25, 2022 9:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2022 10:39 AM

Some websites are ridiculously resource-intensive. The number of page elements and their contents determines how much memory they will demand. The total number of open websites itself is less relevant.

In any event your Mac has plenty of RAM and has plenty to spare. If that memory "pressure" graph were to ever become "red" it would indicate insufficient memory is limiting that Mac's performance: Check if your Mac needs more RAM in Activity Monitor. That is not the case here. 8 GB is plenty.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2022 10:39 AM in response to Karut

Some websites are ridiculously resource-intensive. The number of page elements and their contents determines how much memory they will demand. The total number of open websites itself is less relevant.

In any event your Mac has plenty of RAM and has plenty to spare. If that memory "pressure" graph were to ever become "red" it would indicate insufficient memory is limiting that Mac's performance: Check if your Mac needs more RAM in Activity Monitor. That is not the case here. 8 GB is plenty.

" Safari Web Content (cached) " is using way too much of ram just for single website.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.