Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

found AirPods

Found AirPods in parking lot, how do I return to owner?

Posted on Jun 25, 2022 10:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2022 11:09 PM

Apple won't assist in tracking owners via serial numbers. As Niel said, your best bet is to post notices around the parking lot or talk to the store owner. You could want to turn them in to the police, but they likely wouldn't actively look for the owner- they'd wait for someone to come in.

Do, however, make sure the AirPods are charged, as the owner may be able to use Find My to locate the AirPods. If the owner marks them as lost, a message with contact information will show up on your iPhone (or any nearby).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2022 11:09 PM in response to Kirby1996

Apple won't assist in tracking owners via serial numbers. As Niel said, your best bet is to post notices around the parking lot or talk to the store owner. You could want to turn them in to the police, but they likely wouldn't actively look for the owner- they'd wait for someone to come in.

Do, however, make sure the AirPods are charged, as the owner may be able to use Find My to locate the AirPods. If the owner marks them as lost, a message with contact information will show up on your iPhone (or any nearby).

found AirPods

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.