Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Group Tabs

Hi. I frequently keep a lot of tabs open in safari at any given time to help me remember various information or things I need to do/order later. I keep getting suggested to “group my tabs” by relevance and type to help organize them by Apple. Okay. Finally did that today…all my tabs are gone now. I made 7 different groups, moved several tabs into each one…they’re all empty…what happened? Where did they go? Why suggest this feature if it’s not going to work? I keep these tabs open for a reason. I struggle with long term memory and so I won’t even remember everything I tried to save. Which sucks. Can someone help? Am I doing it wrong? Did I just misunderstand the feature? They’re all gone.

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 26, 2022 10:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2022 11:07 AM

Hello,

At first, I also had some struggles with this new feature. But as I started using it more I really like it. Where I went wrong was that I was going to close tabs by clicking on the cross. What you should do is just leave the tab open. If you want to go to a new page or browse something new you have to go to 'Home page'.

I hope these support articles can help you:

Use tabs in Safari on iPhone - Apple Support

Group tabs in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2022 11:07 AM in response to Legendofredpanda

Hello,

At first, I also had some struggles with this new feature. But as I started using it more I really like it. Where I went wrong was that I was going to close tabs by clicking on the cross. What you should do is just leave the tab open. If you want to go to a new page or browse something new you have to go to 'Home page'.

I hope these support articles can help you:

Use tabs in Safari on iPhone - Apple Support

Group tabs in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

Group Tabs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.