Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to view my iCloud videos/movies on Apple TV apps from outside the house?

I have uploaded videos/movies to my iCloud 200 Mb account. I can download and view them anywhere in the country using the iCloud sync function on my laptop. Is there anyway that I can also do this from within the Apple TV app on smart TVs (outside of my house)?

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Jun 26, 2022 3:51 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Jun 27, 2022 12:14 PM in response to wb1000

Hi wb1000,

It sounds like you want to know about playing content from iCloud on a smart TV. Is that right?

If you're using an iPhone or Mac, you may be able to do what you describe using AirPlay if the smart TV is compatible: Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

"Stream video from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to a TV

1. Connect your device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV.1
  2. Find the video that you want to stream.
  3. Tap AirPlay . In some apps, you might need to tap a different button first.2 For example, in the Photos app, tap Share , then tap AirPlay .
  4. Choose your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV."

We hope that helps. Have a good one.

Jun 28, 2022 9:33 AM in response to wb1000

The Apple TV app on Smart TVs is only for accessing iTunes purchases or subscriptions to Apple TV channels. If you uploaded content to your iCloud Photo Library then that would be done using the Photos app and that is where they would be accessible on other devices if you want to view directly (for TV that means using the Apple TV HD or 4K box).

The other option is if your smart TV supports airplay, then you can cast that content from your Apple device to your TV (as addressed above).

How to view my iCloud videos/movies on Apple TV apps from outside the house?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.