Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad Pro 12.9 inch is at version 13.7. I cannot upgrade the OS, though I've tried many times -- with the charger plugged in. I don't get a specific explanation -- only "Error". Can anyone help?

My iPad Pro 12.9 inch is at version 13.7. I cannot upgrade the OS, though I've tried many times -- with the charger plugged in. I don't get a specific explanation -- only "Error". Can anyone help?

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 2nd Gen, Wi-Fi, Cell

Posted on Jun 26, 2022 3:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2022 4:28 PM

You have skipped a lot of updates as the current iPadOS version is 15.5. When you skip updating so long, it becomes difficult to update over the air. Instead, update your iPad using your home computer.

If Windows see this --> Update software on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch in iTunes on PC - Apple Support

If Mac with either iTunes or Finder (depending on MacOS version) --> Update your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with the Finder – Apple Support (UK)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2022 4:28 PM in response to w_d_scharf

You have skipped a lot of updates as the current iPadOS version is 15.5. When you skip updating so long, it becomes difficult to update over the air. Instead, update your iPad using your home computer.

If Windows see this --> Update software on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch in iTunes on PC - Apple Support

If Mac with either iTunes or Finder (depending on MacOS version) --> Update your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with the Finder – Apple Support (UK)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.