Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i delete an old apple id

How do I delete an old apple id(email)?

QTQ60,

Posted on Jun 26, 2022 6:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2022 7:17 PM

By logging-in to https://privacy.apple.com w/ the AppleID you desire to delete.

Pay close attention to and heed ALL the warnings and instructions you will receive during the process; otherwise you may find yourself locked-out of your own devices sometime in the future.

Note that account deletion is irreversible and permanent.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2022 7:17 PM in response to 1234sk

By logging-in to https://privacy.apple.com w/ the AppleID you desire to delete.

Pay close attention to and heed ALL the warnings and instructions you will receive during the process; otherwise you may find yourself locked-out of your own devices sometime in the future.

Note that account deletion is irreversible and permanent.

Jun 26, 2022 7:31 PM in response to 1234sk

1234sk wrote:

How do I delete an old apple id(email)?

For many folks, there are few upsides to deleting an Apple ID, and there are some big downsides.

You can change an associated email address if needed, or can simply leave the ID unused and not log into it.

Once an ID ismdeleted, you can end up with bricked devices, if you miss any associated with Activation Lock.

A deleted Apple ID @iCloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com email address cannot be re-used.

This is one of those cases when getting neat can later be hazardous to your usage.

Jun 26, 2022 7:44 PM in response to 1234sk

Mr Hoffman makes a VERY good point.

A “less final” and far “safer” alternative is to “deactivate” your old AppleID (from the same linked page).

This action has the same effect … but WITHOUT the irreversible finality of a “Delete”

If you discover sometime in the future that you “overlooked” something in June 2022, you can still reactivate the old AppleID.

How do i delete an old apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.