Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i mirror my iphone screen without wifi?

mirror iphone screen to tv without wifi

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 26, 2022 6:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2022 9:47 AM

Airplay is a protocol that works over wifi and typically requires both devices be on the same network. In situations where that is not possible you can use peer to peer to connect devices on different networks, where it will use bluetooth to discover and then wifi to create an ad-hoc connection between the devices.

Smart TV's can support airplay so there will be options for that, but it doesn't mean that it can be used without a network connection.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2022 9:47 AM in response to izmeister

Airplay is a protocol that works over wifi and typically requires both devices be on the same network. In situations where that is not possible you can use peer to peer to connect devices on different networks, where it will use bluetooth to discover and then wifi to create an ad-hoc connection between the devices.

Smart TV's can support airplay so there will be options for that, but it doesn't mean that it can be used without a network connection.

can i mirror my iphone screen without wifi?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.