Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stolen Phone

Hey my Iphone 12 was stolen and i have been trying to use the "my phone" feature but its always saying offline. I got a message today that stated the phone was located and provided a link which i selected and it asked me to log into my Icloud account. I did and this then the phone no longer pops up when I use the find my feature.

Is someone able to access your IPhone if you shut it down?

Also, can they disable the find my phone option?

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 26, 2022 8:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2022 8:55 PM

I’m afraid you fell for a very common phishing scam and unwittingly gave away full access to your otherwise VERY secure device and possibly your AppleID as well.

Perform the following Damage Control steps:

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Best of luck.

Similar questions

2 replies

Jun 26, 2022 9:00 PM in response to Pan_ton

I got a message today that stated the phone was located and provided a link which i selected and it asked me to log into my Icloud account. I did and this then the phone no longer pops up when I use the find my feature.

Unfortunately, you have been scammed. The purpose of the message was to try to trick you into ;providing your Apple ID and Password so the bad guys with the phone would have access to all of the data on your phone.

Change your Apple ID password immediately as well as your email password and notify credit cards, banks, etc as quickly as possible that your ID may have been stolen.

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Stolen Phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.