Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unpack take folder to a single track

I have a take folder with over 100 takes and I want to unpack these to one single track to playback sequentially, seamlessly.

This circumstance occurred as I had a short cycled phrase with some sends to effects which evolve over time. In order to record this, I summed all active tracks and busses to a new aux (instead of/prior to stereo out). I then set the record track's input as this sum aux (no output).

The result was the take folder with over 100 takes.

Perhaps there is a simpler and more effective method to meet these recording needs, which I have missed. Perhaps there is a way to complete the task I face without having to unpack the take folder to new tracks, then tediously, manually move them to a single track one by one!

Any solutions/advice will be most gratefully received!

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 27, 2022 5:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2022 7:18 AM

Hi there, if I'm not mistaken, you can do so using media browser > Project (tab). The audio you recorded as takes should be already listed there as a separate audio file. You may select it in the browser and then drag and drop to Tracks area either to a new audio track or to the original track. So, no unpacking is needed. Logic will initially display it as an audio region of the same length as your take. However, there's nothing that prevents you from resizing that region manually. Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2022 7:18 AM in response to FzFn

Hi there, if I'm not mistaken, you can do so using media browser > Project (tab). The audio you recorded as takes should be already listed there as a separate audio file. You may select it in the browser and then drag and drop to Tracks area either to a new audio track or to the original track. So, no unpacking is needed. Logic will initially display it as an audio region of the same length as your take. However, there's nothing that prevents you from resizing that region manually. Cheers!

Unpack take folder to a single track

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.