Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text and Images in Pages

What is the best way to input text and images in Pages one after the other ?

I have the following problem:

1/ Type a heading

2/ Drag in an image and size it no problem

3/ Click below the image to try and enter more text - cannot get the cursor to appear...!

Else where on the forum an exact similar question has been asked and a highly pointed experted directs the us to the Arrange tab - and says change the the wrap feature from Automatic to None.

This answer does not work at all - there is some missing information...

Posted on Jun 27, 2022 10:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2022 12:10 PM

1. Set your heading and apply the paragraph style Heading.
  2. Drag/Drop and resize your image, and with it still selected, choose Text Wrap > Above and Below
  3. Now, when you click below the image, you will have an insertion beam where you can resume text entry.

Also, take advantage of: Pages User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2022 12:10 PM in response to musicspirit

1. Set your heading and apply the paragraph style Heading.
  2. Drag/Drop and resize your image, and with it still selected, choose Text Wrap > Above and Below
  3. Now, when you click below the image, you will have an insertion beam where you can resume text entry.

Also, take advantage of: Pages User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Jun 27, 2022 11:20 PM in response to musicspirit

HI Musicspirit,

Setting type of wrap tells Pages what to do when the text runs into the image.

In your case, the text has not yet reached the first image on the lower page. Looking further up the document, you should see the insertion point at the end of the text above the image, with at least a line or two of space between it and the image.

(Text) wrap occurs only when there is text to wrap around the image.

For a more detailed look at the text on your page. go to the View menu, and select Show Invisibles.

With Show Invisibles active, you should see a small blue dot between words in your text, a pilcrow ( ¶ ) at the end of each paragraph, and other usually invisible characters throughout the document.

The Pilcrow is the symbol showing a return keystroke. As picas suggests above, these returns push the text down to a new line, and at the end of the page, to a new page. Press return enough times to show one Pilcrow below the image, and you should see the insertion point below the image and directly ro the left of the Pilcrow character.

Go back to the View menu and choose Hide invisibles, and carry on with the new text.

Regards,

Barry

Jun 27, 2022 5:16 PM in response to musicspirit

OK I wasnt allowed to post the dropbox link to the screenflow video - it is now on my youtube channel ( see link below)

1/ I followed exactly your instruction wrote some text - then inserted an image - clicked on the image - went to Text Wrap>Above and Below

2/ It worked some of the time... so for the first two images I was able to add text...

3/ For later images as the Screenflow video would have shown, I had exactly the same problem even though I clicked on the image and set Wrap Above & Below

Jun 27, 2022 5:19 PM in response to musicspirit

Sorry to keep posting but I find the functionality of this forum is very difficult now to grasp:

1 - I posted a link as per using the icon below which says link .. and it isnt included

2 - I also dont know how to adjust the signature of my ID here - it is out of date and I cannot find where to change it

Here is the link to the video illustrating the Pages problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qq2vxYRxIM

Text and Images in Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.