Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setting up new iPad

I'm setting up my new iPad with my phone.

It asked me to choose back up, and then I got a message "If you restore this iPad from and iPhone backup, setting will not be restored."

What does that mean? I haven't changed any settings on my iPad. I thought it would just have the same settings as my phone has.

What will the settings be after I restore the iPad with my iPhone back up?

Thanks!

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jun 27, 2022 3:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2022 3:24 PM

The backup includes both your saved data - and a snapshot of the device settings. As described, while your data can be restored from the backup to the iPad, it would appear an issue has been detected that inhibits restoration of the iPhone settings to the iPad. From available information, it is impossible to determine the reason why this might occur.

Restoring your data is perhaps the most important element. You’ll be able to manually set-up the iPad to best effect - if necessary manually copying relevant settings from your iPhone to iPad if appropriate.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2022 3:24 PM in response to 6Dubs

The backup includes both your saved data - and a snapshot of the device settings. As described, while your data can be restored from the backup to the iPad, it would appear an issue has been detected that inhibits restoration of the iPhone settings to the iPad. From available information, it is impossible to determine the reason why this might occur.

Restoring your data is perhaps the most important element. You’ll be able to manually set-up the iPad to best effect - if necessary manually copying relevant settings from your iPhone to iPad if appropriate.

Setting up new iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.