Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to set up Apple mail and delete Yahoo w/o losing current mail.

How do I set up Apple Mail and delete Yahoo without losing current emails?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 27, 2022 6:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2022 8:02 PM

I understand you want to remove your existing Yahoo! Mail account, while retaining all its existing messages. The solution is to create a local Mailbox, "On My Mac", and move those messages to it.

The following Apple Support document describes what to do: Create or delete mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support. When creating that Mailbox, choose "On My Mac".

To remove your Yahoo! Mail account, read Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support. The following excerpt describes what you need to do to keep those messages stored on your Mac:

Important: If you’re unsure whether messages you want to keep are still on the mail server, move or copy them to a mailbox stored on your Mac (the mailbox appears in the On My Mac section in the Mail sidebar) before you remove the account in Mail.

Setting up an iCloud Mail account is described here: Add email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support. Choose iCloud, and use your existing Apple ID account credentials—the same information you used to log into this site.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2022 8:02 PM in response to glogirl1

I understand you want to remove your existing Yahoo! Mail account, while retaining all its existing messages. The solution is to create a local Mailbox, "On My Mac", and move those messages to it.

The following Apple Support document describes what to do: Create or delete mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support. When creating that Mailbox, choose "On My Mac".

To remove your Yahoo! Mail account, read Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support. The following excerpt describes what you need to do to keep those messages stored on your Mac:

Important: If you’re unsure whether messages you want to keep are still on the mail server, move or copy them to a mailbox stored on your Mac (the mailbox appears in the On My Mac section in the Mail sidebar) before you remove the account in Mail.

Setting up an iCloud Mail account is described here: Add email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support. Choose iCloud, and use your existing Apple ID account credentials—the same information you used to log into this site.

How to set up Apple mail and delete Yahoo w/o losing current mail.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.