Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad Pro brightness dim for a second after turning it on

Hello,

When I turn on my iPad Pro at first it’s dim, and then after delay of a second the intensity adjusts to normal brightness. It did not do this when I purchased it and it is kind of annoying to wait for it to brighten each time to unlock.

It’s not the same behavior as Auto Brightness. I’ve tried both enabling and disabling. And I’ve tried enabling and disabling all the other brightness feature for that matter. (My iPad is also always updated to the latest version)

Is anyone experiencing the same thing? Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you very much

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jun 28, 2022 3:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2022 4:05 AM

I found out how to fix it, I simply needed to reboot it (Click volume up, then volume down, then press power button and turn it off as you normally would, sliding the bar. Leave it turned off for a minute, turn it on and it will be gone)

2 replies

Jun 28, 2022 4:21 AM in response to dburroni

Turn Off Auto-Brightness

The first thing you need to do when you’re facing screen dimming issues is to check if auto-brightness is enabled on your iPhone or iPad. As mentioned earlier, it’s a feature that’s enabled out of the box, so if you haven’t fiddled with the display settings, this is likely the culprit. Weirdly enough, the auto-brightness feature isn’t located under the display settings. Instead, you’ll find it in the accessibility section. Open the Settings app and go to Accessibility -> Display & Text Size and you’ll find the “Auto-Brightness” toggle at the bottom. Turn it off if you find that it’s enabled.

knobby the apple wizard signing off

[Image Edited by Moderator]

IPad Pro brightness dim for a second after turning it on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.