Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone dropped in water

I dropped my phone in water and it stayed like 5-10 minutes, and now it won’t charge, I can use it but it won’t charge, and I don’t get that error that water is in the port, I really need some recommendations what to do ASAP.

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 28, 2022 12:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2022 12:09 PM

At this point, I strongly suggest that you stop using this iPhone and keep it powered-off. Whether or not, you get an error, is not important.

Next, take the phone to your nearest Apple Store's Genius Bar or an Apple Authorized Service Provider to have them take a look and provide you with your options. Don't waste your time placing it in rice or using a blow dryer as neither of these will actually help. Remember, even if you can get all of the liquid removed, there is a good chance that minute residue will remain that can potentially cause short-circuits further damaging the phone.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2022 12:09 PM in response to chiril258

At this point, I strongly suggest that you stop using this iPhone and keep it powered-off. Whether or not, you get an error, is not important.

Next, take the phone to your nearest Apple Store's Genius Bar or an Apple Authorized Service Provider to have them take a look and provide you with your options. Don't waste your time placing it in rice or using a blow dryer as neither of these will actually help. Remember, even if you can get all of the liquid removed, there is a good chance that minute residue will remain that can potentially cause short-circuits further damaging the phone.

Phone dropped in water

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.