Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't delete old unused email from apple id sign in

how to sign in using the reset ID and PW that I successfully set up 5 hrs ago but don't see on sign i screen

Only my old work email on sign in

and i do not the pw for it

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 28, 2022 12:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2022 12:57 PM

If you have changed your ID or password, have you followed the steps in this article? Make sure you turn off Find My Phone before signing out of the old ID. Once signed out and Find My Phone is off, then sign in with the new ID, then turn Find My Phone back on.

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support.  *

For the work email, enter the Apple (iCloud) ID, and click Forgot Password. See if you can get a Rescue or Notification email option if necessary. Link to contact Apple Support at the end of the 2nd article.

Apple ID - Manage

Apple ID – Forgot Password  *      

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2022 12:57 PM in response to wolfrunner

If you have changed your ID or password, have you followed the steps in this article? Make sure you turn off Find My Phone before signing out of the old ID. Once signed out and Find My Phone is off, then sign in with the new ID, then turn Find My Phone back on.

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support.  *

For the work email, enter the Apple (iCloud) ID, and click Forgot Password. See if you can get a Rescue or Notification email option if necessary. Link to contact Apple Support at the end of the 2nd article.

Apple ID - Manage

Apple ID – Forgot Password  *      

Jun 28, 2022 1:32 PM in response to Eric Root

Eric,

I tried to turn off Find Phone but old email comes up each time as a route to verify.

I cannot access that email as it's an old work acct.

Went to Apple acct. on my Widows PC and shows that my ID and PW are now current .

The old inaccessible email does not show. Good.

But on my iPhone (with software 15.5 now) I still cat get past that old email that Apple wants me to use as a verification. I can't use it...so no verification. I'm stuck

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.