Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

facetime is not working on my macbook pro

there is a pop up showing : FaceTime has not received any video from the connected camera. Restarting your computer may fix this issue

Posted on Jun 28, 2022 12:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2022 1:02 PM

I suggest going to System Preferences > Security & Privacy and go to the Privacy tab. Once you're there, check to be sure camera access is enabled for all your apps under the Camera tab. (Note: This shouldn't be required for FaceTime as it would more relate to other apps that require use of the camera.)

If everything checks out, give the following two options a try:

1. Create a new user account. Log out of your existing account, and then, log back in with the new account. Try FaceTime again. If this doesn't resolve the issue, power-down your Mac and go on to the next step.
  2. Boot up your Mac in Safe Mode. Again, check FaceTime again.

Ref:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2022 1:02 PM in response to katukam

I suggest going to System Preferences > Security & Privacy and go to the Privacy tab. Once you're there, check to be sure camera access is enabled for all your apps under the Camera tab. (Note: This shouldn't be required for FaceTime as it would more relate to other apps that require use of the camera.)

If everything checks out, give the following two options a try:

1. Create a new user account. Log out of your existing account, and then, log back in with the new account. Try FaceTime again. If this doesn't resolve the issue, power-down your Mac and go on to the next step.
  2. Boot up your Mac in Safe Mode. Again, check FaceTime again.

Ref:

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.