Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restoring my iPhone

If I have already chose to reset my iPhone, went through the process to reset phone again and now beginning the steps to do so, can I still restore the information using iCloud backup?

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 28, 2022 2:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2022 3:05 PM

Hopefully, you did back up the iPhone before you reset the iPhone and you have not backed up the phone again since that time.

To restore your iPhone from an iCloud backup that you made before you reset the iPhone........choose the iCloud option in the Apple Support document below.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2022 3:05 PM in response to Serviceofwoman

Hopefully, you did back up the iPhone before you reset the iPhone and you have not backed up the phone again since that time.

To restore your iPhone from an iCloud backup that you made before you reset the iPhone........choose the iCloud option in the Apple Support document below.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Jun 28, 2022 4:23 PM in response to Serviceofwoman

If you have had a chance to read through the document linked above, you will see that your iPhone can back up in two different ways.

One way is that iPhone backs up to iCloud over the Internet, which are Apple servers. The other way the iPhone backs up is to a Mac or a PC. You don't have to back up using both iCloud and a computer, you can choose one method or the other (or both, if you want)

It sounds like you backed up the iPhone to iCloud. If you did this before you reset the iPhone....and....you have not backed up the iPhone again, then you will be able to use the iCloud backup to restore your iPhone with all of the data in the iCloud backup.

In other words, after the restore, your iPhone will look just like it did before you reset it.

The document provides details on how to restore your iPhone from an iCloud backup or a computer backup. Use the iCloud method if you backed up the iPhone to iCloud.

If you are still stuck, I would suggest that you get in contact with Apple Support to get someone on the phone who can walk you through the process step by step in real time. Click the Get Support link in the upper right hand corner of this web page if you want to go that route.

Restoring my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.