Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Move iPad Safari favourites out of bookmarks folder

When I click on the bookmarks button on Safari I can see Bookmarks, Reading List and History, but I can’t immediately see Favorites. I open the Bookmarks folder and see my Favorites there. How can I move that Favorites folder to the opening page. It’s the same on my iPhone too.

Posted on Jun 28, 2022 6:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2022 9:40 AM

iPadOS15 introduced many changes to the Safari sidebar - one of which is the new structure that you see.

Favourites is now a sub-directory of the Bookmarks category; the Favourites folder cannot moved to the top level.

Apple invite constructive comments and feature requests via its Product Feedback portal. For iPad and iPadOS:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2022 9:40 AM in response to paulelsa

iPadOS15 introduced many changes to the Safari sidebar - one of which is the new structure that you see.

Favourites is now a sub-directory of the Bookmarks category; the Favourites folder cannot moved to the top level.

Apple invite constructive comments and feature requests via its Product Feedback portal. For iPad and iPadOS:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

Move iPad Safari favourites out of bookmarks folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.