Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I set up my mac first before I do the data migration?

I am about to set up my new macbook pro. I want to know do I go through the set up on the mac first before I do the migration using the migration assistant.?

Posted on Jun 28, 2022 7:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2022 7:42 PM

rleung10 wrote:

I am about to set up my new macbook pro. I want to know do I go through the set up on the mac first before I do the migration using the migration assistant.?

The most trouble free way to move to a new machine, is using the Setup Assistant on the initial boot of a brand new machine— you have one shot here. Set up your MacBook Pro - Apple Support

The second best way is use the Migration Assistant.

How to move your content to a new Mac Move your content to a new Mac - Apple Support

If you are using a PC and moving to a Mac—

Move your data from a Windows PC to a Mac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2022 7:42 PM in response to rleung10

rleung10 wrote:

The most trouble free way to move to a new machine, is using the Setup Assistant on the initial boot of a brand new machine— you have one shot here. Set up your MacBook Pro - Apple Support

The second best way is use the Migration Assistant.

How to move your content to a new Mac Move your content to a new Mac - Apple Support

If you are using a PC and moving to a Mac—

Move your data from a Windows PC to a Mac - Apple Support

Do I set up my mac first before I do the data migration?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.