Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When do I need to replace my iPhone's battery?

how long is 81% for my iphone 11 pro? when do i need to replace the battery?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 28, 2022 8:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2022 8:34 PM

Replace the battery when the Battery Health drops to 80%. That might be a few weeks or a few months.....it all depends on how much you use the phone.

iPhone Battery Replacement - Official Apple SupportOfficial Apple Support › service › battery-power

5 replies

Jun 29, 2022 7:37 AM in response to Louie_Jay

Louie_Jay wrote:

but I'm not the person who is a heavy user, I'm just more on social media. I also don't use the cellphone often because I'm always workloaded

Regardless of what the battery health says or what the current capacity says, if the battery lasts long enough between charging opportunities to satisfy your needs or usage, then don’t bother replacing it. There truly is no magic number at which any battery must be replaced. If the capacity meets your needs or wants, just keep using it.

If it starts to give you issues, then consider replacing it.

Apple simply says the battery is “designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 500 complete charge cycles.” What you decide to do at that point is up to you. ( Batteries - Service and Recycling - Apple ). If it reaches that point prematurely and is under warranty, Apple will evaluate if the battery was faulty (I.e. did not last the designed period of 500 cycles) and may replace it under warranty.

When do I need to replace my iPhone's battery?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.