Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to recover my account without the two factor authentication device?

How do I recover my account if I don’t have the phone associated with the 2factor identification code

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 28, 2022 10:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2022 7:55 AM

See if anything here helps.  If necessary, you can use account recovery as explained in the link at bottom of the article.

Verification code - how to get one and sign in with two-factor authentication.   *

2 replies

Jun 29, 2022 7:46 AM in response to rachele209

You can have a 2FA code sent to your backup SMS or voice telephone number -> Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support A code will be sent to the backup trusted number by SMS text or automated voice message.

Trusted phone numbers

A trusted phone number is a number that can be used to receive verification codes by text message or automated phone call. You must verify at least one trusted phone number to enroll in two-factor authentication.

You should also consider verifying an additional phone number you can access, such as a home phone, or a number used by a family member or close friend. You can use this number if you temporarily can't access your primary number or your own devices.”

Otherwise you can use the online account recovery service -> How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Note that if you set a 28 character AppleID recovery key (How to generate a recovery key - Apple Support) you can no longer use online account recovery and must use your recovery key.

How to recover my account without the two factor authentication device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.