Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't update my iPhone 11

I can’t update my phone I phone 11

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 29, 2022 1:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2022 1:21 AM

You can't use a personal hotspot on your device, nor Low Power Mode.

To perform an update procedure wirelessly, you need to connect your device to a reliable and fast Wifi Network with internet access (no cellular data, unless you use a 5G network, no personal hotspot on your device, no VPN connections, no low power mode are admitted). AND I suggest that you keep the device plugged into power during the whole update process.

If you don't have a wifi network with Internet access, "borrow" one from your relatives/friends/neighbors, or ask for help at an Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider or Authorized Reseller.

Do not forget to create a full backup of your device, before any updates.

Regards

Giulio

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2022 1:21 AM in response to dhrubajit

You can't use a personal hotspot on your device, nor Low Power Mode.

To perform an update procedure wirelessly, you need to connect your device to a reliable and fast Wifi Network with internet access (no cellular data, unless you use a 5G network, no personal hotspot on your device, no VPN connections, no low power mode are admitted). AND I suggest that you keep the device plugged into power during the whole update process.

If you don't have a wifi network with Internet access, "borrow" one from your relatives/friends/neighbors, or ask for help at an Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider or Authorized Reseller.

Do not forget to create a full backup of your device, before any updates.

Regards

Giulio

I can't update my iPhone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.