You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

location sharing

I noticed when a friend and I share location that whenever I stop sharing I always get a message at the same time that they stopped. I usually share for the day. Are they sharing until I stop sharing I am wondering? Is that possible to share with someone until they stop?

Posted on Jun 29, 2022 5:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2022 6:34 AM

You control your location sharing, just as your contact controls their own location sharing.

Apple's support document Find friends and share your location with Find My describes how to operate sharing and the options available in the section called Share With People:

1. Open the Find My app and select the People tab.
  2. Select Share My Location or Start Sharing Location.
  3. Enter the name or phone number of the person you want to share your location with.
  4. Select Send.
  5. Choose to share your location for One Hour, Until End of Day, or Share Indefinitely.
  6. Select OK.

When you share your location with someone, they have the option to share their location back.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 29, 2022 6:34 AM in response to BradBike369

You control your location sharing, just as your contact controls their own location sharing.

Apple's support document Find friends and share your location with Find My describes how to operate sharing and the options available in the section called Share With People:

1. Open the Find My app and select the People tab.
  2. Select Share My Location or Start Sharing Location.
  3. Enter the name or phone number of the person you want to share your location with.
  4. Select Send.
  5. Choose to share your location for One Hour, Until End of Day, or Share Indefinitely.
  6. Select OK.

When you share your location with someone, they have the option to share their location back.

location sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.